Keep your web apps up to date and close the door on hackers
Anytime you add an application to your website, such as a store, blog, bulletin board, email form, or any other dynamic page or web application, you could be adding functionality that a hacker can use to gain access to your data, and possibly do damage. MacHighway recommends that you frequently check for updates and use only trusted and well scripted applications, like the ones offered through MacHighway..
For detailed information on choosing a suitable script and checking for updates, please review our knowledgebase article here.
|Ease of Use:|
1. Login to the cPanel for your hosting package, commonly found at http://www.yourdomainname.com/cpanel (yourdomainname.com should be replaced with your actual domain name)
2. Click on the Softaculous module under the Software/Services section.
3. Click on PHPlist under the Mails section.
4. You will see a description of PHPList. Click the Install link in the menu bar.
5. In the Choose Protocol: drop-down menu select http://www.
6. In the Choose Domain: drop-down menu select the site you are installing phpList on.
7. In the In Directory text field, enter a sub-folder where phpList will be stored. If you leave this blank, your main site will be overwritten, so it's strongly recommended that you enter a folder name here, like newsletter or mailinglist.
8. The Database Name and CRON Job settings should already be populated. We do not recommend adjusting these settings in any way.
9. In the Site Name: field, enter the name of your site. This can be written in plain English and does not need to be a URL.
10. The Table Prefix field should already be populated. We do not recommend adjusting this in any way.
11. The Admin Username and Admin Password fields should already be populated with semi-random details. We do not recommend adjusting these settings, though we do encourage you to store these details in a safe place, as you will need them to administer your mailing list.
12. In the Real Name field enter your name.
13. In the Email Address field enter an existing email address where you can be reached. Details of this installation, including your admin username and password. will be emailed to this address.
14. Click Install.
Congratulations. You have installed PHPList on to your site.
|PLEASE NOTE: There is a 500 hourly email limit per domain. If you send over this amount in any hour most of the e-mails will bounce back with a undeliverable error. Mailing lists larger than 5,000 are not allowed.||If your mailing list contains more than 500 email addresses, please look here for instructions on throttling your outgoing messages.|