What you would use this for:
To offer fast loading video to your site without sacrificing any of your allotted bandwidth. Uploading your video to Vimeo will also allow your video to be viewed on a variety of platforms without requiring the purchase of additional software.
What You Need:
A video file that you want to host on your site.
Go to https://www.vimeo.com/
(external link) and register an account with them, if you don't already have one. Once you're a member, login to Vimeo.
2. Once logged in, click the "Upload" button in the top navigation bar.
3. On the resulting page, click "Choose a Video to Upload"
4. Navigate to the file you want to upload to Vimeo (and subsequently display on your web site) and, once selected, click "Choose"
5. Click "Upload Selected Videos"
6. On the next page, enter descriptive information for your video (Title, description, keywords) while the video is uploading.
Congratulations. You have successfully added your video to Vimeo. Click here for instructions on embedding your video into your site.