1. Open Dreamweaver. From the menu bar select Site > Manage Sites.
2. You will presented with a new window titled "Manage Sites". Click the New button.
3. On the next screen you will define your site name. In this example we used MySiteName, however, you can use anything you'd like. This field should reflect the name of your website so you can easily locate it within Dreamweaver.
4. Next, click the Servers menu to the left of the Site Setup window.
5. Click the + (plus) button to add a new server.
6. On the next screen we will setup your FTP connection settings. The information that needs to be entered here can found in your "MacHighway: New Account Information" email, which you would have recieved when you first signd up with us.
- The Server Name: field can contain anything you want and is used as a description to locate server details within Dreamweaver.
- Make sure FTP is selected in the Connect using: field.
- The FTP Address:, Username:, and Password:, can be found in your "MacHighway:New Account Information" email in the orange box titled "FTP (File Upload) Information".
- Enter "public_html" (without the quotes) into the Root Directory: field (If this is an addon domain, you will use the site path for that addon domain instead)
- Enter your full URL in the Web URL field. (i.e. http://www.mySiteName.com)
7. Click the More Options drop down menu and make sure "Use Passive FTP" is checked. Click Save.
8. You will be returned to the Site Setup screen. Click Save.
Congratulations. You have setup Dreamweaver to connect to your MacHighway server space.
Double Click the Dreamweaver Icon. In the menu bar select Site> Manage Sites.
You will presented with a new window showing you all of your defined sites. Click the New button and select Site.
You will then be presented with another window. In the Site Name type the name you'd like to call this profile. I called mine My MacHighway Website, but you can call yours whatever you like. Once you've defined the name, click Next.
The next page will ask you if you'd like to use a server technology. Most users will want to select "No, I do not want to use a server technology". If you would like more information on using a server technology, refer to Dreamweaver's help section. Click Next.
The next page will ask how to handle your files. You will want to select the top radio button, "Edit local copies on my machine, then upload to server when ready". The next field asks for your Local Root Folder. This is the folder on your hard drive where you site is kept. Click on the blue folder to the right of the field. This will allow you to browse through your hard drive and select the folder that stores your website. Once you've defined that field, click Next.
The next page will ask you how you want to connect. Select FTP. With FTP selected, a new set of fields will be displayed. Type the FTP server name listed in the email "MacHighway: New Account Information" into the FTP Host field. In the Host Directory field, type public_html. Type the username and password you selected with MacHighway (which can be found in New Account Information email also) in their respective fields. After you've entered in the correct information click Next.
On the resulting pages, click Next until the setup is complete. On your main screen, on the right, you will see a pane with the title of Files. The far left icon will look like a blue plug that is unplugged. Click that icon to connect to the server. To view the files on the remote side, change the right drop down menu from Local view to Remote view.
Note: If you would like to connect via SFTP, you would connect using port: 22222