Google Calendar can be used to synchronize a shared calendar to and from iCal.
1. To get started, login to the Google Calendar page. Click the "Create an account" button if you don't already have a Google account.
Please Note: Only Apple iCal 3.x (on Mac OS X v10.5.x) supports CalDAV sync.
4. Download the set-up tool from http://code.google.com/p/calaboration/downloads/list.
5. Once downloaded, launch the tool and enter your Google Account username and password.
6. Click Sign in.
7. Select the calendars you'd like to add to iCal (Note you may only add calendars for which you have ownership privileges), and click Add to iCal.
8. Add your email address to your Address Book card by selecting Add Email. You'll be prompted to add your email address only if your address is not already in your Address Book.
Your Google Calendar will now appear in iCal's list of calendars, and changes you make to your Google Calendar calendars in iCal will show up in Google Calendar.
To share your Google calendar with others, find the My Calendars section on the left of your Google Calendar page. Click the arrow next to the name of the Calendar you'd like to share and on the resulting menu pick "Share this calendar."
**MacHighway is not affiliated with Google. While we do provide these instructions, we cannot offer additional support for a service the is offered by Google. For additional support, please visit: http://www.google.com/support/calendar/?hl=en