The following steps will help you troubleshoot sending issues in Apple's mail application. We suggest following them in the order presented.
1. Error Messages
Pay attention to any error messages popping up when you try to send mail as this can give you a good indication as to what is wrong. For example, if you get an error "Enter password for account" or incorrect login error you will want to check that you are using the correct username and password.
2. Restart your mail application.
Often simply restarting the mail application will fix sending issues. We suggest you try this first.
3. Check that your outgoing mail settings are correct.
- Click on the Mail menu at the top left of your screen.
- From the Mail menu select Preferences. Once in the Preferences pane, select Accounts.
- Click on the account you are having troubles with.
- Click the drop down box next to Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) and select Edit Server List.
- On the next pane, ensure that the Server Name: field is set to the same server as your incoming mail server.
- Check the Advanced section of you Outgoing Mail Server settings and verify that Authentication is set to password.
- You should also verify that your username (which is your email address) and your email password are filled in.
4. SSL enabled
Try checking or unchecking the SSL option in your outgoing mail settings page. This is found on the outgoing settings page you were just looking at in the the above step.
5. Contact your ISP.
If the above steps do not resolve your issue you will want to contact your ISP and ask for their outgoing mail settings. It's a very common practice nowadays for ISP's to block customers from sending mail through anything other than their own servers. This is done as a method to prevent spam from being sent out through their service and unfortunately is not something that we have control over.
Still Having Issues?
If you are still having issues, you can contact our Customer Support in the following methods:
You can connect to our Live Chat Support Team from your MacHighway Client Area. If you are not sure how to do this, you can find a guide here.
Our Live Chat team is available Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Eastern Time.
You can submit a support ticket to our Support Team from your client area.
Our ticket Support Team is available 24/7/365.
You can contact our Phone Support Team using the following number:
- US/Canada 1-888-974-0334
- International 1-727-800-3606
Our Phone Support team is available Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Eastern Time.