Keep your web apps up to date and close the door on hackers
Anytime you add an application to your website, such as a store, blog, bulletin board, email form, or any other dynamic page or web application, you could be adding functionality that a hacker can use to gain access to your data, and possibly do damage. MacHighway recommends that you frequently check for updates and use only trusted and well scripted applications, like the ones offered through MacHighway..
For detailed information on choosing a suitable script and checking for updates, please review our knowledgebase article here.
|Ease of Use:|
1. Login to the cPanel for your hosting package, commonly found at http://www.yourdomainname.com/cpanel (yourdomainname.com should be replaced with your actual domain name)
2. Go to the Softaculous icon.
3. Enter CubeCart in the top right search box. When the full name appears below your search, click on it.
4. You will see a description of CubeCart. Click the Install link at the top of the page.
5. On the resulting page you will have a lot of options as to where and how you want CubeCart installed. Don't pull your hair out - just follow my guide below:
Choose Protocol: Select http://www.
Choose Domain: Select the domain name you want CubeCart installed in.
In Directory: If you want this installed in your main directory (http://www.mydomain.com) then leave this blank. If you want it installed in a sub-directory (like http://www.mydomain.com/blog) then enter that sub-domain (blog) in this field.
Database Name: Leave this field alone.
Store Name: Enter your store name.
Store Address: Enter the name and physical address of your store.
Table Prefix: Leave this field alone.
Admin Username: Change this. Do not use Admin as the username, as it's a frequent target for hackers. Why not use your first name?
Admin Password: Leave this as is. Copy and paste it into some place safe.
Real Name: Enter your real name into this field.
Admin Email: Enter a good contact email address for yourself. One that already exists.
Select Language: Enter the primary language for your store. (Pro Tip: Use the language that you speak. Ask a friend if you're unsure.)
Scroll to the bottom of the page to Email installation details to : and enter a good email address where the installation details (including the password) can be sent to.
6. Click the Install button.
Congratulations. You have installed CubeCart on to your site.
Did this work for you? If not, let us know what trouble you had in the MacHighway Forums.