|NOTE: Domain name transfers are not necessary for MacHighway to host your site. You can keep your domain name registered where it is now and simply change your domain's name servers (much easier and faster than transferring). More information can be found here.|
To transfer a domain name registration to MacHighway please make note of the following requirements. All of the following conditions must be met in order to sucessfully transfer a domain name registration to MacHighway (or between any domain registrars):
1. Your domain name cannot be within 30 days of the expiration date
2. Your domain name must be outside of 60 days after registration or renewal.
3. Your domain name must be unlocked at the current registrar.
4. Make sure the registrar has your correct email address associated with the domain's WHOIS information.
5. Turn off private registration if you have it turned on.
6. Obtain an EPP/Authorization code from your current Registrar.
Once the above requirements are met, you can request the transfer by logging to your client area, then go to the "Domains" menu and select "Transfer Domains to Us".
After you file the transfer request an approval email will be sent to the administrative contact email address listed with the domain within 48 hours. Approving the transfer is the only action that is needed on your part after the transfer has been submitted.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I, MacHighway, or my current registrar expedite this transfer?
Unfortunately, neither MacHighway, nor the current registrar, have the ability to speed up the transfer process. It generally takes several days to complete. If it's been longer than a week since you ordered the transfer and you haven't seen a status change, please open a support ticket.
You, however, can ensure that the transfer proceeds as quickly as possible by ensuring that you've followed the steps for approving your domain name transfer in the email sent to the email address currently listed with your domain name.
2. I haven't received an email asking for my approval of the transfer. Where did it go?
You will want to review the email address assosciated with your domain name by performing a whois lookup on your domain name.
Once you've done a lookup on your domain name, review the admin email address. The email address listed there is where the approval email was sent to.
If the Admin email address is correct, please be sure to check your junk/spam folders.
3. I don't have access to the email address listed as the admin email address. Can I change it?
Yes. You will need to contact the current registrar to change that email address. Also, please ensure that ID Protection is disabled while you're requesting the email address change.
Once your current registrar has changed the email address, you will need to open a support ticket with MacHighway and request that we cancel and re-file the domain name transfer request.
Did this answer your question? If not, please let us know what issues you're having in the MacHighway User Forums