|Ease of Use:|
1. Login to the cPanel for your hosting package, commonly found at http://www.yourdomainname.com/cpanel (yourdomainname.com should be replaced with your actual domain name)
2. Click on the Softaculous icon in your cPanel. It will look like this:
3. Enter Concrete5 in the top right search box. When the full name appears below your search, click on Concrete5.
4. On the resulting page you will see a description of Concrete5. Click the Install button at the top of the page.
5. You will then be greeted with a page full of options for your install. You could spend hours going back and forth, hoping to make the right decisions - or you can follow my guide below.
Choose Protocol: select http://www.
Choose Domain: select the domain you want Concrete5 installed on.
In Directory: You probably don't want this installed in a sub-directory (aka sub-folder) of the domain name you selected above - so just leave this blank.
Database Name: leave this field untouched.
Site Name: Enter the name of your site.
Sample Data: Go ahead and check this. It will pre-populate your installation with some data that you can modify or delete as you build your own content.
Admin Username: Change this. Do not use Admin as the username, as it's a frequent target for hackers. Why not use your first name?
Admin Password: Leave this as is, but I would recommend copying this password and storing it somewhere safe.
Admin Email: Enter a good, current email address where you can be reached at.
Skip to the bottom of the page to where it says Email installation details to : and enter a good, current email address where the installation details (including the password) can be emailed to you.
6. Click the Install button.
Congratulations. You have installed Concrete5 on to your site.
We highly recommend that you review the tutorial videos to help you get oriented with Concrete5. They will answer many questions you're sure to have. Those tutorial videos can be found by clicking here: https://customers.machighway.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=167
**Support Documentation for Concrete can be found by clicking the Help icon in the upper left menu, or directly from the Concrete website here: http://www.concrete5.org/documentation/
Did this work for you? If not, please let us know what trouble you had in the MacHighway Forums.