1. Login to the cPanel for your hosting package, commonly found at http://www.yourdomainname.com/cpanel (yourdomainname.com should be replaced with your actual domain name.
2. Click the Auto Responders modules under the Email section.
3. On the resulting page click the Add Auto Responder button.
4. On the next screen you will specify the setting for your autoresponder as shown in the image below.
5. We recommend leaving the Character Set at the default setting unless you are familiar with this setting.
6. Specify the Interval*, in hours, you wish for the autoresponder to wait between responses to the same email address.
*For example, if you set up an autoresponder with an interval of 24, and you receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org at 8 am on Monday, the autoresponder will respond to his message immediately. If, however, email@example.com continues to email you throughout the day, the autoresponder will not send him another response for 24 hours after his initial email (in this case, 8 am Tuesday). If he emails you again after the 24-hour interval expires, he will receive an auto response.
7. Fill in the email address username in Email field and select the domain name from the drop down box.
8. Fill in your full email address in the From field. (This is the reply-to address that will be used in the auto-response email.)
9. Fill in a subject line and the message body into the appropriate fields.
10. Click the Create/Modify button.
Congratulations! Your auto-responder is now active.
Did this work for you? If not, let us know what trouble you had in the MacHighway Forums.