If you are going to be unavailable for an extended amount of time, such as when you go on vacation, it is helpful to let your customers know that when they email you, you may not get back to them right away. You can also let them know who to contact to contact for help. This will help ensure that you do not lose business and your customers will appreciate the information. Autoresponders are commonly used with business emails to ensure that any issues that arise are dealt with, even when key personnel are unavailable.
You can set us an autoresponder in you cPanel account, or from your webmail.
- Accessing your autoresponders in cPanel
- Accessing your autoresponders in Webmail
- Setting up your autoresponder
Accessing your autoresponders in cPanel
To manage your email autoresponders, you will first need to log into your cPanel. If you do not know how to access your cPanel directly, you can find out here.
Scroll down until you find your Email section and click on Autoresponder.
You will now be looking at a list of all of the autoresponders that are currently set up on your domains. From here you can manage your autoresponders or add new ones. If you have several domains, you can use the drop down menu at the top of the page to sort your Autoresponders by domain.
Add a new Autoresponder
If you wish to add an new Autoresponder, click on the Add Autoresponder button. The rest of the process is explained below.
Manage your existing Autoresponders
You can manage your autoresponders from this section as well, even those that have already run tYou can edit an autoresponder to use it again, if most of the information is still accurate, or you can delete any autoresponders that are no longer needed.
Accessing your autoresponders in Webmail
You can also set up an Autoresponder from the Webmail interface. This allows individual users to set up Autoresponders without needing cPanel access.
First, you will need to access your Webmail. If you do not know how to access your Webmail, you can find out here.
When you log into your Webmail, you will either be at your Webmail Home page, or your inbox. You need to be at the Webmail home page, so if you are at the inbox, click on the Webmail Home link on the left-hand side
Once you are in the Webmail Home page, you will see Autoresponders in the bottom section of the page. Click here to proceed.
You will now see a list of existing Autoresponders for this email account. If you wish to add a new Autoresponder, click the Add Autoresponder button. The rest of the process is explained below.
Setting up your autoresponder
No matter which method you used to get to this page, you should now be looking at the Add Autoresponder page.
Now you can create a new Autoresponder by filling in the following fields
- Character Set
- it is rare that you would use anything other then utf-8
- this is the time between email received emails from the same account that the Autoresponder will trigger
- enter the mailbox and domain of the account that you wish to add the autoresponder to
- if you are accessing through Webmail, these fields are set for you
- the mailbox that the autoresponder with come from
- this should be the same mailbox that the autoresponder is set up on
- the email subject
- cannot be blank
- This message contains HTML
- if you autoresponder contains HTML coding, this box must be check to ensure it it displayed correctly
- the main part of the autoresponder message
- if you are using HTML code, be sure to check the box above
- choose the start time of the autoresponder
- you can choose immediately or set a date and time
- set the end time for the autoresponder
Once you have all of your information included, click on the Create button to save.
Still Having Issues?
If you are still having issues, you can contact our Customer Support in the following methods:
You can connect to our Live Chat Support Team from your MacHighway Client Area. If you are not sure how to do this, you can find a guide here.
Our Live Chat team is available Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Eastern Time.
You can submit a support ticket to our Support Team from your client area.
Our ticket Support Team is available 24/7/365.
You can contact our Phone Support Team using the following number:
- US/Canada 1-888-974-0334
- International 1-727-800-3606
Our Phone Support team is available Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Eastern Time.