Your domain EPP code or Transfer Authorization Code is needed to transfer your domain to another registrar. If you wish to transfer your domain, you will need to obtain your EPP code first.
Finding your EPP code
Once logged in, click on Domains in the upper menu bar and then select My Domains from the drop down menu. Or, you can click on the Domains block in the center of the home page.
You will now see a list of all your domains. Click on the bar for the domain that you are looking to unlock (click anywhere on the bar other than the domain name, this will take you to your website). Or, you can click on the drop down menu to the right, beside the Wrench icon and select Manage Domain.
Now, you should be on the Manage page for that domain. On the left-hand side of the screen, you will see the Manage Menu. Click on Get EPP code. Depending on which registrar your domain is with, either you will see the EPP code displayed on screen, or it will be emailed to the email address on the domain contacts.
Before you transfer the domain
There are few steps you will want to complete before beginning a domain transfer.
- Ensure that your domain is unlocked. This can be done in the same management screen where you requested your EPP. Select Registrar Lock from the Manage menu.
- A valid email address is required to transfer your domain, as you will receive emails asking you to verify the transfer. Check to make sure your email address is set correctly by clicking on Contact Information.
- If you need to update your contact information, your domain will be locked for 60 days. You will need to wait for this lock to expire before you can transfer the domain. This is ICANN policy and cannot be waived. If you are planning on transferring your domain in the future, please plan accordingly.
- Once you initiate the transfer, you will receive an email from your current registrar asking you to verify that you approve of the transfer. This email will be sent to the email on file for the domain (this is part of why it is imperative that your domain contacts are up to date). If the transfer is not verified, it will fail.
Still Having Issues?
If you are still having issues, you can contact our Customer Support in the following methods:
You can connect to our Live Chat Support Team from your MacHighway Client Area. If you are not sure how to do this, you can find a guide here.
Our Live Chat team is available Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Eastern Time.
You can submit a support ticket to our Support Team from your client area.
Our ticket Support Team is available 24/7/365.
You can contact our Phone Support Team using the following number:
- US/Canada 1-888-974-0334
- International 1-727-800-3606
Our Phone Support team is available Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Eastern Time.