The cPanel File Manager can be used to manage your website files, or make small changes to your website files. You can use the File Manager to move, copy or edit your files that make up your website.
While you could build your website from scratch using the File Manager, it is most useful for making small updates and changes. It includes a editor for both text based files, as well as an HTML editor that you can use to build and update site files.
You can also use the cPanel File Manager to upload your site files and extract any zip files. It is common for website files to be stored in a zip file that will need to be unzipped once uploaded. This can all be done from the cPanel File Manger.
- Accessing your cPanel
- The File Manager interface
- Left hand folder view
- Right hand file view
Accessing your cPanel
In order to XXXXXXX, you will first need to log into your cPanel. If you do not know how to access your cPanel directly, you can find out here.
Once logged into your cPanel, scroll to the Files section and click on the File Manager app.
The File Manager interface
When you open your File Manager, you will start in your Home directory. You will notice that the File Manager is divided into three sections.
- Top Menu Bar
- Left side folder view
- Right side file view
Top Menu Bar
The Top Menu Bar has many tools that you can use to manage your website files.
At the top right of the page, you will see the search bar, where you can search for files and folders. Below this you will see the main menu bar.
- Add a new file
- create a new folder or directory
- copy a file, creating a duplicate
- move the selected files to a different folder or directory
- upload a new file to your cPanel
- download the selected file(s) to your local machine
- delete the selected file(s)
- deleted files are moved to the trash
- restore any deleted email from the trash
- rename the selected file or folder
- opens a text based file in the text editor
- HTML Editor
- opens the HTML editor for creating and editing HTML files
- allows you to manage the permission settings of a file
- check the contents of a text file
- extract the files from a zip file or archive
- create an archive from the selected files
Left hand folder view
On the left hand side of the File Manager, you will see the folder view. This is where you can navigate through the folders in your File Manager.
At the top of this view, you can enter a folder to jump to it directly. Just enter the folder path and hit enter or click the Go button.
Below this is the folder structure of your account. Clicking on the "+" to the left of a folder will expand it to show its subfolders.
You can use this view to open folders for the right hand file view.
Right hand file view
The right hand window is where you can actually manage and modify your files.
Along the top of this section you will see another menu bar.
- return to the home folder
- Up One Level
- go back one subfolder level
- move back or forward
- reload the file manager to show any updates
- Select All/Unselect All
- select all or none of the files for bulk actions
- View Trash
- view deleted files saved in the trash
- Empty Trash
- empty the trash
Below the menu bar, you will see all the folders and files contained in the current folder. You can open any folder by double clicking on the folder. If you double click on a file, you will be able to download the file.
If you right click on any file or folder, you will open a context menu that contains many of the option in the top menu bar. The content of the context menu changes depending on the type of file selected.
- download the file
- view the file if a text based file or image
- edit a text based file
- HTML edit
- opens the HTML editor
- only shows with HTML files
- move the selected files to a new folder
- copy the selected files and paste into a new folder
- rename the selected file or folder
- Change Permissions
- update the file or folder permissions
- move the selected files or folders to the trash folder
- create a zip file containing the selected files
- extract a zip or tar file
- only displayed when selecting zip or tar files
Still Having Issues?
If you are still having issues, you can contact our Customer Support in the following methods:
You can connect to our Live Chat Support Team from your MacHighway Client Area. If you are not sure how to do this, you can find a guide here.
Our Live Chat team is available Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Eastern Time.
You can submit a support ticket to our Support Team from your client area.
Our ticket Support Team is available 24/7/365.
You can contact our Phone Support Team using the following number:
- US/Canada 1-888-974-0334
- International 1-727-800-3606
Our Phone Support team is available Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Eastern Time.